Football Vince Young is your OROY ..

Jaguars, you make plenty of great points. And to an extent i agree with you. I saw the Titans play in person this year and if the rest of the offense was up to date the Titans would have made the playoffs! If all were going by is stats then yes MJD wins. If were going by what they helped the team do and stats. I have to give it to Young. Dont get me wrong MJD did a lot and I even like him (surprising from a Colts fan huh?) but Vince means more to the titans then any other rookie and he showed it.

I think this Board has been Hyped.

MJD Had the best #'s for any Rookie this year, but what does he get he gets pissed on.

VY had ****ty #'s and a OCord that made sure his running plays where in there, can you say Hype?

jaguars06 said:
Rushing Yards, Yes total Yards NO, Total TD'S NO?

MJD plays with a Weaker OL than the Choke's and you know that.

Actually Addai had a total of 1406 yards and Maurice had a total of 1377 yards

lafastbreak said:
Jaguars, you make plenty of great points. And to an extent i agree with you. I saw the Titans play in person this year and if the rest of the offense was up to date the Titans would have made the playoffs! If all were going by is stats then yes MJD wins. If were going by what they helped the team do and stats. I have to give it to Young. Dont get me wrong MJD did a lot and I even like him (surprising from a Colts fan huh?) but Vince means more to the titans then any other rookie and he showed it.

You mean you are not upset that MJD ran all over the Colts like he did?

Yeah I think Colston or MJD should have won it. Not Young, but I will admit, I was a critic to Vince, comparing the style of play he had at Texas to the NFL and stuff.

jaguars06 said:
I stand corrected, did you inculde the Kickoff and Punt Returns as well?

If you wanted to use those numbers im pretty sure Bush would have alot more yards than Maurice. I only used Rushing+Receiving. However I believe with Maurice having 6 more TD's or somewhere around there the total yard difference of30or so dosent matter.

jaguars06 said:
You mean you are not upset that MJD ran all over the Colts like he did?
Actually I was glad he did it. We needed a waking up call and that should have been it. Instead of tackling it seems they just tap the players butts to give em boosts. Dont get me wrong i think we can still win but its going to take a few defensive plays were not used to seeing from the Colts. I try not to be biased so wheneve someone runs all over us i just except it and hope the players would get it through their head they need to rap up or the coaches would put em through those kind of drills. I like VY and MJD in college so i was upset when they were in picked to teams in our division. I figured Addai would be gone so we would go for MJD but Addai was still their.

Can people please put through their heads that this award is based on stats? This is not a MVP-esque type award, it is for the best OFFENSIVE rookie, meaning who has the best stats.

Ya Ya, Vince played decent and led his team to wins, but that is not what the award is for.

jaguars06 said:
Rushing Yards, Yes total Yards NO, Total TD'S NO?

MJD plays with a Weaker OL than the Choke's and you know that.

Again you call the colts chokers, yet you still havent told me one time when they have choked. Also i think its kinda funny that u say that ESPN over hypes VY and yet u repeat everything they about how manning cant win the "big game"....

Wow, I just looked at Maurice Jones-Drews total returning stats. Almost 1000 more yards. I did not know that.

I told you when they choked last year 13-0, going to win it all right? See how that happend huh?

VY is overhyped, and Manning can not win the big game, show me where he has won a big game for the colts or for the Vols, he has not. And dont tell me he won two playoff games that's crap and you know it.

lafastbreak said:
Actually I was glad he did it. We needed a waking up call and that should have been it. Instead of tackling it seems they just tap the players butts to give em boosts. Dont get me wrong i think we can still win but its going to take a few defensive plays were not used to seeing from the Colts. I try not to be biased so wheneve someone runs all over us i just except it and hope the players would get it through their head they need to rap up or the coaches would put em through those kind of drills. I like VY and MJD in college so i was upset when they were in picked to teams in our division. I figured Addai would be gone so we would go for MJD but Addai was still their.

Bob Sanders is back and he should help a lot.

jaguars06 said:
I told you when they choked last year 13-0, going to win it all right? See how that happend huh?

VY is overhyped, and Manning can not win the big game, show me where he has won a big game for the colts or for the Vols, he has not. And dont tell me he won two playoff games that's crap and you know it.

So if a team losses in the Playofffs they are "chokes'? And so if Manning wins a Playoff game its not considered a "big game" but if he losses one it is considered a "big game"? Is that ur logic?

Back